Fire destroys Gansevoort home; Three pets die in blaze

29 Sep

September 27, 2014 9:12 pm

GANSEVOORT — Fire investigators were still on the scene late Saturday following a fire that destroyed a home and killed three pets.

Gansevoort Assistant Fire Chief Keith Burch said the call came in at about 5 p.m. from passers-by for a structure fire at 246 Austin Road. No one was believed to be in the residence at the time of the call.

Burch said the one-story home was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived.

Though the investigation was not complete, Burch said a faulty appliance was suspected as the cause.

No personal injuries were reported and the home was insured. Mutual aid was provided by Wilton, South Glens Falls and Schuylerville fire departments. Victory Mills Fire Department assisted in establishing a fill site.

Copyright 2014 Glens Falls Post-Star. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: